Friday, February 1, 2013

Fluffy clouds, funny faces, frosy mornings..

Fallen Ginko leaf
Findings, links or components, my first month of" link a day" or in this case a month of links in progress.
Whenever I think of chains it reminds me that you are only as strong as your weakest link. The plan is to put all the 354 links into one chain or necklace.
 January ended with a Pat Flynn workshop at Pullen Art Center. Cradle hinge, hidden hinge, and box top hinge beautifully done by Pat Flynn,  His teaching method broke the steps for making the hinges down to a very basic and doable procedure. His signature steel and gold pieces are elegant and exquisitely done.
Finally getting back to work in studio, these group projects, "link a day" keep me on task, as well as take me somewhere I wouldn't otherwise go.
Ready to start new projects,  all loose ends tied up for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment