Saturday, June 21, 2014

Way overdue to busy to post


Therefore this one may need to be somewhat jumbled. Got off track with my 3 a month challenge and totally fell off my "jeweler I know" for each month . So Ill play catch up.   Spring started with SNAG conference in Minneapolis. I had not been in a couple of years, and really enjoyed seeing people I hadn't seen in a while and meeting new people who are devoted to the field of metalsmithing. Some of the lectures were outstanding my Favorite was Mirjam Hiller, from Germany. Her work and presentation were spell-
bounding. Here is a piece that was purchased by one of the attendes at the conference.  Bob Ebendorf received a well deserved lifetime acheivement award, his acceptance was gracious, sincere and inspirational for up and coming as well as seasoned metalsmiths, jewelers, art jewelers, designers and craftsmen ie. makers.

This was the first time my husband George experience a SNAG conference. He had a great time touring around the art museums and biking the greenways. The gallery night took us all over the city my favorite show was in a bookstore in "uptown" the show was about art with words and featured a piece by a "jeweler I know" Adrienne Grafton.  Be sure to check out her website.   

the famous cherry by Claus Oldenburg at the Walker and a Frank Gerry Building "The Wiseman" at the University of Minnesota.
Needless to say we saw lots of art.
Got back to a fabulous work-
shop with Tim Lazure another "Jeweler I know"He is currentlty teaching a ring making workshop at Penland with Jen Townsend. His work is exquisite, he is a master craftsmen and makes wonderful tools, as well.
Did I mention puppies and pears and flowers. "Larkspur", "Artsplosure" and today is the first day of summer, summer solstice.. Another season to embrace.
Lisa Oakley pears at Larkspur
Georgia O'Keefe
Azealeas
"in the garden" series
The cat mural complete this year at "Artsplosure."

Edward Hopper.










No comments:

Post a Comment