Sunday, April 19, 2015

april

George and I judged a show in Rockingham, North Carolina, this was the"best in show" black and white photo,  I love the horse's eye and emotion that comes through in this photo.
First time setting pear shaped stone, John Cogswell's stonesetting book had some helpful tips, very sparkly with star of saphire and tube set diamonds.
I still cant believe my orchid rebloomed, I totally left it alone, I might try the fertilizer for next year and see what it does
George got a painting in the June section of "Carolina's Got Art" the opening will be in charlotte the first friday of May so we will plan to go. Looks like a rather large show.
Ive been getting alot of new work done, I now have my pieces in the Little Art Gallery at Cameron Village.
These are some more pieces that are going  to the "Creative Metalsmith" in Chapel Hill. They will be carrying my work as of May:) I will also have work in the "Artspace" gallery store starting in June. These are all new opportunities, so the challenge is on to be more productive.
Been working in the yard sporadically, finally got the other side of the fence up, Spring has been very welcome here in Raleigh.
this is actually the 20th anniversary of Larkspur, time flies I think I have been doing that show for probably 17 or eighteen years, there will be lots of new "In the Garden "jewelry there first weekend in June.
I'm still inspired by the Pullen Baptist Church Rosette
I see it every morning on the way to the Y
Winter was long, glad spring is here

No comments:

Post a Comment